Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I will fly

Today is Audrey's first day of Kindergarten- FINALLY!! She is beyond ready and has been counting down to this day all summer. Last night I laid with her for a few minutes and we talked about school starting and how I'm going to miss her. She handed me a stuffed bunny rabbit and told me to hug it when I feel sad during the day. Very sweet.

Then this morning after she was all ready to go, I heard her asking Adam. "Dad, how do you spell 'I will fly'?" I heard him spelling out the letters to her, but I had no idea why she was asking that question. I came downstairs and saw her holding the big Magna Doodle and just writing different things on it and then erasing it. I still don't know why she asked how to spell "I will fly" but I thought it very poetic considering I was about to send her off to her first day of school.

"I will fly."

I have no doubts that Audrey will love every second of Kindergarten. She will probably come home and tell me about all her new friends she made today. She will be excited to go back again tomorrow, and the next day after that. She will fly.
Now where did I put that stuffed bunny rabbit?

5 comments:

Diane said...

Audrey looks so adorable. I love the cute haircut. My favorite! She will have a great time.

Kerri said...

Karin, that is so sweet. It's so hard to send babies off to kindergarten! It sounds like she's really ready, but it's still hard!

blunckfamily said...

Wow Karin--you are poet. That was beautiful and tender. And Diane's right about cute haircuts---way better than two ponies and some down.

Jeanette Millward said...

SIGH. I hear you Karin! It's hard to stay sad when they are loving school so much. But still...

Steph said...

Ahhh. I can see where she gets her "poetry" from! What a sweet post! I sure miss you and all of your adorable kids:)