Camp was in Marysvale, Utah so on the way we stopped at Cove Fort for lunch and a tour.
Whitney with her friends cooking breakfast. I love the cute secret sister buckets hanging in the background.
Scripture time by a beautiful river.
Adam decided we needed to be like the boy scouts and have a flag on the pole. Unfortunately, this was the only way to get the flag up and down.
We did lots of fun trust building activities. Here are Whitney and Shelby trying to work their way across some cables together. Not as easy as it looks.
Adam and I doing the tango across the cables.
It got really wobbly the farther out we got. But we make a good team! :)
Whitney swinging across a shark-filled ocean.
Whitney lending a hand to help all of her team get across the boards. This was a strategy game that took a long time to figure out!
More cable activities.
Adam's turn. This was probably the easiest task we had to do.
Karin swinging on the swings!
Whitney zip-lining down the mountain after climbing a really steep and scary cliff attached to cables.
One of the days we hiked to this gorgeous waterfall. I could have stayed and looked at it all day!
Whitney and her "Ja-Mexican" friends performing their skit.
We also spent a day white water rafting down the Sevier River. That was a terrifying, exhilirating, amazing experience! But unfortunately no photos :( All in all, this was the best girls camp I have ever attended. I'm so grateful for all the leaders who helped plan and make everything possible, for my husband who took off more work to come be with us, and for these great girls of the Santa Clara 8th ward!






3 comments:
Wowsers, Karin. When you get caught up on the blog,you really catch up. Keep reading folks, there's lots more. So fun!
Well, look at you! Now there's some catching up!! I'm so impressed. It all looks like so much fun.
You know how we talked about each getting a blue tooth so we could still talk while we ran??...well, ummm, I got a new calling and it's a tad bit over whelming. That's right, say hello to Fairview 1st Ward YW president.
And Dad(Adam) was an awesome dam builder. Or at least so I'm told. I'm glad you had a good time at Girl's camp, and that you finally updated your blog:)
Post a Comment