November 1st was Dallin's 5th birthday. We celebrated by taking his four best friends to the park and Del Taco for lunch. Easiest birthday party ever! Dallin of course wanted another Star Wars themed cake, maybe some day he'll outgrow his Star Wars obsession.
November also brought the end of soccer season. Dallin was the only one to do soccer this year and he really loved it. He may not have been the top scorer of this team, but he was a defensive animal and was always kicking it out of the pile-ups so that one of his teammates could score.
Whitney participated in a special Veteran's Day program out at Sun River. Her middle school choir performed, and let's just say when they sang all of the individual songs for the armed forces and all these old retired men stood up, there was not a dry eye to be found! She is really enjoying her choir class this year and wants to try out for Madrigals at the high school next year.
Justin and Troy had their piano recitals with their new teacher Melissa Ord. Troy did great, even with just playing with one arm (did I forget to mention that he broke his arm AGAIN?) Justin was the last performer and he literally blew everyone away with his Viva la Vida. So proud of the both of them!
Thanksgiving was spread out over several days this year. We had dinner Thursday with the Blunck family in the Puriri's back yard and the weather was gorgeous! There were name cards spread out over several tables so everyone got to sit by various cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, etc. Friday we had another dinner, this time over at the Webb's. Saturday was another beautiful day (are we noticing a theme with St. George weather??) so we went to Snow Canyon with Webb cousins. The Hughes and Niederhausers met up with us a little later and we had a great time hiking around beautiful Snow Canyon. It's literally less than 5 miles away from our house, but we don't go there very often. That needs to change!
We also took new family pictures in November. Once again Robyn Lamoreux did a fantastic job making us look good. I loved the color scheme this year, those fall leaves were so gorgeous. Did I mention I love living in St. George??
3 months ago









1 comment:
Good thing I have your blog to read since I didn't know about so much of this! I wish I would've gone to Whitney's Veterans Day program - I love me some Veterans :) and I need to hear Justin play Viva la Vida! I love me somma that too!
Post a Comment