Friday, May 21, 2010

All Better

I figured I'd better do a quick post to say that the plumbing problems from last week are all fixed! The house passed the final inspection on Monday and we are starting to move in already. Technically we haven't closed on the house yet, but our builder said we are free to start moving our things in. We will still wait until next weekend to do the BIG move since the kids are still in school until Thursday. I can't believe this is finally happening!

Here are a few pictures to show the bathroom area after they dug it all up and fixed the plumbing. It looks good as new. What a relief!

Oh, and here's my cute new dining table from Ikea. This is our first new table in over 15 years. We've been using my parent's hand-me-downs for our whole marriage- not that there was anything wrong with that! (Love you mom!!) But it was definitely time.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on survivng the building process! Your house looks great. Good luck with the move!

Steph said...

Phew! What a relief! Everything looks SOOOOo great! I am so glad you are at the end of the rainbow! I hear ya on the dining room table! We are still using my mother-in-law's hand me down in that area and we love it. I like your IKEA find though. It is perfect with your beautiful NEW surroundings:)

Diane said...

So glad that is fixed and that they found the problem BEFORE you moved in.

On the way to the temple today, I saw a sign for a new IKEA in Denver coming 2011!! I was so excited and had no idea. Yippee! Your table is awesome. Did you find chairs? Your kitchen is the best part of your house. The double ovens rock. Can't wait to see it all in person.

blunckfamily said...

Cute new picture too!!!!

Jeanette Millward said...

Love the pic of your kids on the stairs. And what a great house. You must be so excited to move in!

Kerri said...

Karin, it looks GREAT!!!! I'm so excited for you, and I love the pic of the kids on the stairs in your header.

And we have the same table! Actually, 2 of them! One of the biggest ones in black for the dining room and one in brown for the kitchen. They've been great and I LOVE how much they expand.

maher fam said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! And for us when we get to come hang out there!!