I just returned home last night from Salt Lake where all six Blunck girls got together for our cousin Dana's wedding, to also celebrate our sister Kristina's upcoming "significant" birthday (not saying the age!), and to do some major shopping together! It was such a quick trip but so much fun. I love my sisters and I love when we are all together. And I love that we always have to stand in age-order when we pose for pictures!! We wish our mom could have been there with us.
Last weekend we celebrated Troy's 8th birthday with a "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" themed birthday party on Friday. The weather was unusually chilly and windy, but these boys must have been true sons of Poseidon because they loved playing the water games and swimming. Troy has always been crazy about swimming so this was a great party for him.
Whitney just recently participated in her school's performance of High School Musical Jr. She was a "Braniac" in the ensemble, and this was her first time ever performing. It was such a great experience for her, despite months of daily practices and two weeks of nightly performances. She loved being part of it, and we are proud of her for trying something new and out of her comfort level.
Justin had a visit this month from his friend Hayden who recently moved to California. Justin and Hayden have been friends since Kindergarten and it was very hard on Justin when Hayden moved away. So it was such a special treat to get to see him again- if only for an evening!
The only child I haven't talked about yet is my sweet Dallin. He is still a fun little 3 year old who loves to play with friends, but loves his mommy even more! I'll add a picture of him in the house pictures to follow so that he can feel represented in this post!
Our new home is almost done! I haven't been updating regularly for a couple of reasons. 1. Who has time to regularly update their blogs?? 2. I didn't want to bore or annoy anyone. But since it's almost done, I'll give you a little taste of what it looks like.
Are you still with me? Congratulations on making it through this long post- even if you only skimmed it! I will end by saying HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my own wonderful mother who is serving a mission in Armenia right now, and to all of you amazing mothers out there. I hope you were able to enjoy your special day as well!




2 comments:
Super cute post (and yes I read the ENTIRE thing). Good luck with the move. Your house looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it in person.
Your house looks great! What a nice surprise to see Hayden and Justin! Hayden misses him so much! I am glad that we were able to get them together and they can keep in touch - yeah for technology! Good luck on your house!
Post a Comment