Friday, October 2, 2009

Stay Tuned

I know I promised some exciting posts highlighting our non-perfect lives, but obviously my life is so non-perfect that I haven't had any time to think about blogging. But trust me, I have plenty of stories to share! Someday. When I have time...

But for now, I want to take a quick moment to say how excited I am to celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary by taking a well-deserved trip this coming week. Yes, it's hard to believe Adam and I have been married for 15 years! Even harder to believe that this is our first real trip together, minus kids, for longer than a day (And no, Florida did not count since Adam was in meetings all day and I was 8 months pregnant with Troy at the time).

We are going on our first cruise. Since it's our first, we chose the least expensive option just in case we don't end up loving cruises (cuz, we're cheap like that. I mean FRUGAL). We are driving to California Sunday night to stay with my Grandma Bell, departing out of Long Beach Monday, "cruising" to Catalina Island Tuesday, Ensenada Mexico Wednesday, a day at sea Thursday, and coming back Friday. Simple itinerary, yet we are both so excited to get away and relax!!

Thank you in advance to Adam's mom for bravely volunteering to watch the kids all week. Yes, she actually volunteered.

Bon voyage everyone, and Happy 15th Anniversary to my husband Adam on Thursday! I love you!!


Don't say it. I KNOW. We sure do look a lot younger in these photos!

5 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so happy for you guys!!! Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy every minute of kidlessness!!! (That's not a word...I can tell by how red the underline is below it!) Can't wait to see you when you return! We'll be waiting on your doorstep! J/K How rude of us to come right when you're returning, but we're family and that's how we roll! Happy Anniversary! Love you both!

Bonnie said...

Ok I won't say it! But... mostly more Adam than you! You still look great! Have FUN! And we'll wait to hear the details!!!
p.s. While you are gaining 5 lbs we will be running our butts off without you!

Unknown said...

What a cute couple you are. Have a great trip. Yes, you deserve a get away once and awhile. How nice of Trish to watch the kids. 15 years, you must have got married really young!

Unknown said...

--Diane

Kerri said...

My goodness, Karin, you guys are CUTE! Congratulations on 15 years!