We had no plans for Spring Break this year, and as the break approached, Adam and I thought it would be fun to surprise the kids and go to Disneyland. So we did! It was very hard to keep the secret from the kids, and several times they saw clues that made them suspect. But we were clever and said that we were going to stay home and have a Disneyland "experience" by going to different parks and having fun treats and snacks. So when they saw the GoGurts in the freezer or the Twizzlers in the cupboard, I said they were for the "experience".
Friday night, we RedBoxed a movie for the kids and I went to work upstairs packing up clothes. Saturday morning, we woke up and Adam made pancakes like he usually does. He made the pancakes to look like Mickey Mouse, which again the kids thought were for the "experience." But then we told them the news, that we really were going to Disneyland and we were leaving TODAY!
I will admit, their reactions were not quite what I expected. They were in shock for a few minutes, and just kept saying "Really? Really?" I tried to video tape the moment, and as soon as I turned off the camera, that's when the screaming started. Typical.
So off we went Saturday afternoon. We stayed with my Grandma Bell which is always a treat for all of us. After going to her church Sunday morning, we enjoyed a delicious lunch with Aunt Wendy, Uncle John, Uncle Rick and his new wife Michelle. Then to get the kids from going stir crazy, we drove down to Newport Beach with the intentions just to "look" at the ocean. Um, not so much. The kids came home completely soaked and coated in sand.
Monday morning we were off and running! I won't bore you with every single detail, but we definitely had some good and bad moments on this trip. I'll just say that it was CROWDED and let you just imagine what all that might entail. But overall, we were able to have a lot of fun and make some good family memories.
3 months ago




3 comments:
Way cute pictures. Glad you had fun! Fun to see Grandma and Lauren!!
Ditto! I'm sorry about your Audrey collage thing---but keep trying!! The Disneyland post worked great. If you can do a slide show you can do anything!!
Yep, you guys are super fun parents...I don't think we could ever pull it off--all of our children would be dead of a heart attack. ;o)
Post a Comment