Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Catch-Up: May

Yes, it has been months since I've updated my blog (a fact that my kids love to remind me of daily), but since it's too overwhelming to try to blog about three months worth at one time, I will break this up into three separate posts.  Let's start with May!

The month started off with the boys going to Father and Sons Camp.  They had a great time shooting guns, roasting marshmallows, and floating down the nearby river.  I'm told that Troy almost floated out of the State.  Which is precisely why what happens at Fathers and Sons should stay at Fathers and Sons and mothers should never know the danger they are really in!
And while the boys are away, the girls will play.  We went out to dinner, a movie, and then bowling.  Audrey didn't ever want to go home, she was loving it so much!

Audrey finished a great year of Kindergarten at Vista Charter School.  She excelled at reading and was definitely the most social one in her class.  I had a hard time keeping up with all the play date requests with her this year!


One of my favorite things about her year was the fact that she got to take violin lessons (for FREE) at her school.  Here she is on the day of her recital.

And of course, Audrey LOVED having her daddy as her soccer coach again for the spring season!
 

Whitney "graduated" from Vista (since 8th grade is their highest) and was honored as the Valedictorian for her class.  She had to give a speech in front of a big crowd, and also received numerous awards that night for Math, Language Arts, and Piano.  She enjoyed her year at Vista and even endured having to wear school uniforms! Guess we have to go shopping now that she'll be at the "regular" middle school next year!

On the last day of school, we pulled the kids out early to welcome home their Grandma and Pooh-Pa Blunck from their mission to Armenia!  Here the cousins are waiting for them to drive up.

Lots of Hugs!
We are so glad to have them home again!

Over Memorial Weekend, we took the kids to go play in the waterfalls at Gunlock Resevoir.  The water was FREEZING but when has that ever stopped kids from playing?!
Troy probably loved it the most.  The kid is half-fish.

The weather was gorgeous and so were the Falls!

Troy was the first brave soul to attempt cliff diving.  He proceeded to jump from higher spots but I FORBADE him from going to the very top, which he would have done had I not stopped him.  That kid...

Justin decided it looked like fun too.

And not to be outdone, Whitney finally got the courage to jump as we were getting ready to leave.
And here is a shot of our pretty spring flowers that Adam planted.

Well, that pretty much sums up our month of May.  Stay tuned for the remaining summer months!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Justin Webb said...

FINALLY YOU UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!! That only took forever! But it was nice that you took the time to update your blog, for the sake of your readers(like me!) By the way, Whitney says the same thing.

Diane said...

Such cute and talented kids! Yes, thanks for the update. I feel nobody blogs anymore. Nice to read about and see your cute family.

Liz said...

I am one of those "nobody's" who never blog anymore! I am overwhelmed by how much I need to catch up on! 7 WHOLE MONTHS!!! I'm proud of you! Alison and I loved seeing your updates! Love you Webbie's!

Rebecca said...

Looks like so much fun! I think Troy secretly wishes he were a big fish. I will let you know if I see him floating on by...